Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Frazzled Housewife

It's one of those days where yesterday's make-up is still on and smeared, my hair is back in a ponytail but is frizzy around the ears, and I just generally feel like poop. It probably doesn't help that I just started my first PPAF. I had been so worried about my milk these last few days. Guess this explains things. Looking at the bright side--I'm not preggo lol.

Devin has not been sleeping well at all. It has been taking literally 2 hours of screaming for him to go down at night. I thought for sure, with his laid back temperment, he would be the complete opposite of Mitchell, but he's proving to be his big brother made over again. I have to really hang onto my patience to make up for Josh's shortcomings. He's a great dad and all, but he's just not very good with marathon sleep-fighting screaming.

Last night, we tried a relaxing shower, which went great until we got out and he froze to death. Shortly after that, we moved on to swaddling (haven't done that in over a month). It worked, but he still woke back up 5 minutes after I laid him down. I don't know what else to do but just ride with it and do what I've been doing. On top of taking forever to settle, he's been getting up 4-5 times a night. That's a guess, cause I am very out of it when I grab him and bring him into bed with me.

What gives, kid?! You're turning me into a frazzled housewife!

Ok, rant over.

I love you little man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment